The holidays are a great time for showing appreciation for all those who love you. What easier way to do just that than at your wedding with thoughtful holiday wedding favors?!
As a planner, I am often asked what favors couples should give away at their wedding. But the answer isn’t so simple. Many factors need to be taken into consideration before just picking something and slapping your name on it. You want your wedding favor to reflect your style, theme, and interests as well as be something a large group of people will enjoy.
At this time of year, there are so many fun things you can give your guests that’ll just put them right in the spirit.
Here are some other tips to think about when trying to find the perfect wedding favor for your special event.
1. Homemade favors are always a hit. People love to taste the treats or keep the trinkets that you love to make.
2. Items that are easily used or consumed go over well.
3. Avoid keepsake items that only have your name and wedding date on them. Unless, they are your immediate family, they likely won’t want to display things in their house that have your name on them. If you want to put your name and date on them so they’ll always remember where it came from, put it on the back with a cute quote or saying in the front.
4. Unless you’re placing favors at each person’s table setting, you don’t need to buy or make favors for 100% of your guests. Most guests will take 1 per couple. *The item that breaks the rule of thumb on this is alcoholic favors. You’ll definitely need 100% of your guest count for this type of favor as some guests will take more than their share.
5. If keeping guests honest with how many wedding favors they walk out the door with is a concern or you just want to make sure they take one, have staff members personally hand them out as guests leave. It adds a personal touch of elegance and ensures everyone gets something special as they depart your event.
6. Displaying your wedding favors in a fun way will make them more enticing for the taking.
There are endless ideas and websites to look at for fun holiday favor ideas. Etsy has so many vendors who can make exactly what you’re looking for to save you time and stress. Here are several holiday wedding favor ideas that’ll hopefully inspire you and take your imagination to the next level.
Lollipops from Sweet Caroline Confections. Create a box decorated with a mix of ornament balls and garland that compliment your wedding colors and pop in cute holiday sign to display these tasty favors.
Hand painted wine glasses from The Toast Hostess set at each table setting with wine charms from Charlie Chalk Designs to create unique place cards keepsakes. Guests will surely use their special glass all night no matter what they’re drinking.
Snowflake ornaments from Mademoiselle Adriana Design or hand painted stone ornaments from My Little Chick (can be made as coasters too). Hang these onto a snow kissed christmas tree adorned with glimmery ribbon and lights for a beautiful ‘wow factor’ as guests enter & leave your event.
Warm them up with hot chocolate mixes from Fete Sette
Keep the flame burning with soy candles by Candles by Nature. Display with greenery, spiced pine cones and cranberries for pop of color and visual interest.
The ideas are never ending and guests will be thankful that you thought of them. Tell us what favors do you absolutely love getting or what you gave away at your wedding!